Monday

Name dropping.... look, sometimes you just have to do it!



Its Sunday morning I've jumped out of bed like a gazelle on a fresh spring morning pouncing my way to my first real market day.....yeah, not really the truth be known I was awakened by the alarm screaming its annoying tune at 4.30am I contemplated just giving up the months work of preparation to get to this point and sleep the rest of the morning away, but just couldn't do it......


Its 5am, here I am with my devoted husband nursing a sore head (self inflicted I might add), lining up behind a row of sleeping marketeers waiting for the gates to open at 6.30am. The weather is teasing us and we still don't even know if we will be allowed in. We get to the front of the line and are asked for our name and what we are selling (eek) this isn't good.

No we're not on the list and yes we are selling jewellery and thank god for my husband's beautiful daybed we are now also selling furniture. Apparently there is too much jewellery at the market and they don't want anymore. This is it, time to pull out the big guns. In my sweetest squeaky voice I say "Oh, we are locals and Helen (I don't want to say her last name for privacy reasons) said all we had to do was line up at the back gate".

Well it seems Helen has some major pull on this little mountain, we were given the okay, are now on first name basis with the gate keeper and told to call (phone number personally given) to ensure that next time we attend we will have a hassle free admission.
We would like to in our loudest voices- THANK YOU HELEN!!!
xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Seriously they weren't going to let you in??!! Sheesh.

    So what happened next? Or have you already retired to the Bahamas on your takings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to say not enough to even leave Eagle Heights!
    But that said, not to bad either.
    The markets didn't seem as busy as it usually is, other Marketeers were complaining so I'm pretty pleased with myself.
    Now, I just have to decide which market I am going to do this weekend.
    What do you think?? Broadbeach or Pottsville??
    I handed out a stack of cards so I will be extremely busy taking photos and getting my goodies online today.
    I will blog when all of the new little beauties are up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails