Friday

Its the little stuff....



You know I have been working my butt off lately(unfortunately not literally) making my jewellery and what not to get to the markets over the next few weeks.



This is all good and well and the jewellery is really nice and all, but its the amount of hours that goes into making jewellery stand out. By this I mean the merchandising of our work and I mean our because most of us, crafters and artisans, it seems these days put a lot of effort into our tags, our gift wrapping and our image.



I must admit I am particular about this stuff, which is obvious given that I am blogging about it, because of my years and years and years of merchandising and retail. The people who knew my retail store, illahie home and lifestyle which I recently sold, know how image particular I am and I personally believe the same goes and should go for our market stalls and online stores. Unfortunately, as yet, I am not as good online as I am in the stall :s



So the point of this blog?? I guess I just want people aware that although you might look at an item and think "that price is a bit steep for a market ", think about all of the other things these crafters and artisans have put their time in, they haven't just gone to a warehouse or looked through a catalogue, they have sat and thought for possibly hours on that one detail to provide you with a not only stunning item but a well presented item too.

x

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails