Friday

From little things big things grow

I have to thank my children for my latest jewellery idea or at least their teachers.

There seems to be a tidal wave of French knitting at school at the moment. Perhaps because it's the end of the school year and it's one way of keeping a rowdy bunch of ten year olds stationary for any length of time.
Well my big 10 year old son has created the longest length of French knitting I have ever seen and apparently his isn't the longest!! But anyway this caused one of those light bulb moments in my head and voila necklaces- I love it!
I have been toying with making some necklaces and bracelets using the same method as you use when doing hairwraps. I used to make them for a store in Surfers Paradise eons ago (20 years in fact) when I was trying to make extra cash on doing hairwraps in Surfers Mall- yep I was one of those hippy types adorning passerbys hair, these necklaces sold really well so keep an eye out I might just find some time to get to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails